2/11/2018

Yoga and a project out of nowhere....

I did go to the yoga class the other night. 
I did enjoy it... I couldn't see or hear so will make sure I am up in front next time. I just watched the young woman next to me and she helped me... I'm taking a dense foam pad for my knees also next time....
 
I have tried to do it at home but I have to go into the bedroom and shut the door... Morris thinks it is play time if I am on the floor .  I definitely feel taller.

The biggest problem is staying calm when I struggle getting up from the floor.  I found this video which is great and  will really help.  I'm trying to work on this before the next yoga class Wednesday

 
How to Get Up and Down from the Floor | The spiral  Cynthia Allen is a Feldenkrais practitioner, and senior trainer .  There were numerous videos on this subject but I liked her the best.  It focused on using the momentum of your body (rather than strength) to shift your body. 
 

 
I've done the alterations on my jump suit for under the lace  jacket.  Now I just need to put finishing touches on this necklace  which has been on the table for months.  I wanted to incorporate a gold necklace and it just didn't work.  When I stopped trying it is all coming together and I will finish today. 
 
But as usually happens an unplanned project  has arisen out of absolutely no where.  I found these loop earrings last week at the thrift store.  They just screamed Mexican fiesta at me who NEVER wears big hoops like this.
 
So of course I had to buy them and lo and behold I found some beads in my stash that will go well and it is now on my to-do list.  The colorful beads are separate strings I got in a bag at a thrift store years ago.  They have to be restrung as they are on quite fragile thread.  The red squares are from an old bracelet and the cloisonné butterfly has been around forever.  I just need to find some more antique gold metal bits.


And thanks to a reader's comment I put the Shirells into Pandora and now have a whole bunch of fabulous female groups from the 50s added to my collection... Really gets me moving in the morning...
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I've done yoga about 4 times, and again last week. Wow, what a work out! I too can't get up well, and sometimes I tip and almost fall over! LOL! I'm a mess! But, I'm enthusiastic!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Getting up off the floor is definitely not something I want anyone to witness....beached whale comes to mind. This video is wonderful - thank you!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts