10/15/2017

One has to begin somewhere!

It has been so long since I posted I'm not sure there is still anyone reading but one has to start somewhere.  Same with stitching....I haven't threaded a needle since March but I am ready to try again with new lights, magnifiers, and most important a new attitude and determination.

Since I have to begin somewhere it will be doing a cover for the guest book for my oldest granddaughter's wedding in March.  I will be using all my "good stuff" on this project..  You know - the stuff you save forever because it is too precious to use... Tomorrow I will trip on out to the barn to go through my favorite silks...


Those around for a while will remember posts about this particular adventurous granddaughter, Madi.   Madison has traveled all over Europe, Asia and South America  SOLO with a backpack, a budget, youth hostels and cheap transportation.  When she ran out of money she stopped and worked and then kept on. I was wondering if she would ever settle down.  She had plenty of scary encounters along the way.



But now at almost thirty she has found her "fella" and he loves traveling and the outdoors as much as she does.  To propose he took here back to the first mountain they climbed together....how romantic is that?

6 comments:

Lin said...

Great use to get all the good stuff out! She sounds like a great girl. xx

Grovenore said...

Glad to see you're back. I enjoy reading your blog and reading about your adventures in crazy quilting. Grovenore

Margaret said...

Congratulations to your grand-daughter -- and to you. I'm not surprised you're pulling out all the precious fabrics for this very special project! And you're quite right -- one has to begin (again) somewhere. How lovely that 'this' is your 'somewhere'. :-)

Sarah Aldrich said...

I'm still following you. Glad that you're posting again. My mother also has macular degeneration. She also tries to keep on. I now cut her quilts for her, right now she is trying to complete baby quilts for each of her grandchildren, all of whom are adults. The idea is to have one for each grandchild to give to their children. My daughter who has two children is already using the first baby quilt. She has had to adjust her expectations and cannot sew for as long as she likes, but I think it really helps her that she can still sew. Glad to have you back & keep on. By the way, this is the best use of the good stuff. No use saving it. USE IT ALL!!!!

Diana said...

I'm reading I too love the English pies and have made some myself, I use shortcrust pastry on the bottom and flaky on the top. My favorite is steak and kidney but I haven't found a butcher here for the kidney I made steak and mushroom. I'm going to start a treasured lace CQ soon so I'll be watching to see what you do. I am very inspired by the blocks you did with the gold birds and have wondered whether to attempt my own.keep well and warm.

Shirlee Fassell said...

I'm still here too. Always love to see what you are up to. We have been away Paris Germany and Norway. Then off to Maryland to teach tambour for Susan Elliott's E.G.A. It was a blast. Now I have to get back to blogging also!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts