7/25/2017

Getting checks on the curve.

First I put a coat of white primer on the little table and let it dry overnight.













I wanted to put a row of checks around that curve and was not sure how to do it.  So I cut a piece of freezer paper to fit that shape and used a hem gauge to mark the height of the checked row... so far so good.  I do actually use freezer paper occasionally to put things in the freezer but not as often as I use it to make patterns...



I fiddled a bit with the hem gauge until I got the width of the checks so that they came out fairly even.

Then I cut out the row  of checks and I could use it on both sides of the table to mark the checks.









First I was using blue painter's   tape to mask but it was lifting the primer and then I started using quilter's "Tiger Tape" and it is working quite well.








The row done.  I am using a lot of antique glazing on this as I go..  I have a look I'm going for... with luck I will get there... if not then I'll go for the look I end up with... One of my favorite sayings is "Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape!"


 
 


5 comments:

margaret said...

this is going to be such a transformation and can see you are enjoying the process

Shirlee Fassell said...

Looking good!

Marilyn said...

I can hardly wait to see it finished. Love it so far.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love that saying!! And what would we ever do without freezer paper (tissue paper too).

Unknown said...

Great saying! Love your table so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts