6/15/2017

A Good Morning

I had a great morning.... I know it will sound silly but I got to go grocery shopping all by myself.  I've always like to shop for groceries as I like to dawdle over purchases and fuss over the veggies, and make impromptu decisions about menus or add something spontaneous because I have a whim.. 

Since I don't drive anymore DH has been taking me grocery shopping for months.  He never complains and takes me whenever I need to go....but.... he has a tendency to hover or shift on his feet if I'm too slow or the very worst ...wants part of the list and makes his own decisions about brands and prices
.

Today he had to get his driver license renewed which is a lengthy process here and he dropped me off at the grocery store and I had a whole hour and a half  to shop alone.  I was in heaven.  We 're having a fancy dinner party tomorrow night and I had a long list.  We always shop at the same store so I'm comfortable getting around and am not the least embarrassed to ask for help with reading labels or finding things. I had just finished and checked out when he arrived and apologized profusely for being so long... I just smiled..

I did need a LOT of special items as here is the menu... The theme is "Everything's coming up Roses!" I get to spend whole the afternoon making the duck pate and the cannoncini.  It's a rainy day and since I can't play  outside, the next best thing is playing in the kitchen.  I will post a picture of the table tomorrow.

6 comments:

margaret said...

that certainly is a mouth watering menu beats my egg and bacon I seem to live on

Maria McCabe said...

Glad you had the time to enjoy and shop! The menu looks amazing! Can't wait to see the pictures

Marilyn said...

Oh my, that menu sounds absolutely wonderful. Made all the more enjoyable because you got to take your time and do your shopping the way you like. The joy of shopping for something special, the joy of creating the wonderful foods and the joy of sharing with friends - can't get much better than that

Shirlee Fassell said...

Looks yummy! Your menu choices are as wonderful as your CQ choices! That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You'll have to think up more errands your DH has to do at the same time as the grocery shop. Your menu looks so good (and a lot of work to prepare methinks).

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I know exactly what you mean. I don't know the last time I drove. Luckily we shop at Walmart for groceries and there is plenty for Terry to look at. When I go to the quilt shop, he goes to the Habitat Restore. (I like to go there too, but it's my trade off). The other quilt shop I like is by Harbor Freight. We get veggies from the Farmer's Market...we BOTH love it there!
xx, Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts