10/20/2016

A bonanza day!!!

 
Due to being gone and other commitments it had been weeks and weeks since my thrifting partner and I have had a day out... Yesterday was to be our day and not only was I primed to go I actually had a list... Most times I have a thing or two I'm watching for but this time I   had a real list and it was a long one.

My friend has some mobility problems and not only needs a cane, but  it is also necessary she wear a brace on her leg.  So we are always looking for the best handicapped parking spot.  We started yesterday with this spot right in front of the door at our first stop... We call this a "movie star parking spot" and it's always a  sign of momentous bargains awaiting us. And it was true...not only did I fill my list, I found many things I didn't even realized I needed..  We went to four stores and had to come home because the car and the trunk were full.

These were a few of the things that were high on my list... One was pans to replace the several I have burned beyond saving without Molly alerting me when the kitchen is smoking.  I found 3 high quality pans with lids...

When I was at the retreat Connie Kalina had a nifty "mini" curling iron for her silk ribbons so that was on my list.  I found this mini hair straightener and it works perfectly.  I needed a pouch for a organizer for medications in my purse and a nice frame for a picture of Molly for my kitchen.. I found a lovely velour blanket to make new inserts for Morris's bed and several nice high count cotton sheets to cut up....

Although a extra large suitcase was on my list for DH, another magnifying lamp wasn't.

This "Atlantic" suitcase is in pristine condition and just what DH wanted...extra large and sturdy.

I never have found the other extension for the rolling base on one of my big magnifying lamp and this base will work perfectly for my big heavy lamp to be mobile again...

The lamp part itself is lightweight and has a long enough arm  that if I add two mounts to the kitchen counters, it will be ideal for reading recipes.

I was jumping for joy with this unexpected find.







I get bored with my everyday dishes and am always taking sets to the thrift stores and bringing home new ones for each season... These will be comfy and fun for this winter.

Also found 2 absolutely gorgeous glasses for my gin and tonics...

And there were many other finds I didn't even get photographed.  I was not just joking when I said the car was full.





All in all we were grinning ear to ear at every check out counter..













I am at the final stage of the hanky anniversary piece and adding the last few charms before it goes onto the backing... It seems when I get to this stage with any project I see every single flaw and hate it. I'll be so glad to be done with this as it has been a real struggle.

5 comments:

Lady Locust said...

First, your hankie is beautiful. And next, congrats on finding treasures that were on your list - so much more fun than not finding what you're looking for😊

Marilyn said...

There's nothing better than a successful thrift shopping day that fills your list :). I wonder why it is when getting near the end of a project it gets to be such a drag. I hit a wall on almost every block very near the end and really have to force myself to finish or it will end up in the ufo basket for weeks....months....years...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My favourite day out is to go thrifting so I can identify with your excitement over your finds. We used to be avid yard sale fanatics but living in the apartment means we've seriously had to cut back.

margaret said...

you certainly has a good spend, very envious of the saucepans, here ours always seem to have a small hole in the lid which makes the kitchen full of condensation, I suppose as they are all glass lids these days without the hole they would crack.
Loving the hankie what a treasure it will be when completes

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I had to stop going to thrift shops and going to garage sales. Terry is my traveling partner and he sees too many things he "needs" but can no longer use. You got some good loot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts