4/19/2016

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE!!!!

My "thrifting" friend picked me up this morning with a hot white chocolate mocha in the cup holder... My idea of a best friend and a best day!  But I couldn't believe this piece at one of the stores.

 I haven't seen a card file in years and years and this one was solid oak and in pristine condition...  It must weigh a 1000 lbs.  Even though I have nowhere to put it and I am downsizing it took all my self resolve to leave it... It was as tall as I am and about 6' wide and it was only $199.  A CQers dream.  Sigh!!!




But I didn't come home empty handed.. These three laces will go right on my April CQJP.  The upper one has cupids in the design...the second one is an old collar.  The ribbons were all in one bag.  They are satin and lovely and again the white striped one will be used right away on April. The 3 laces, ribbon and butterfly earrings were all less than $5.

Also got this grab bag of lovely nylon machine lace.  I'm not a lace snob and love this type of lace.  It dyes beautifully with alcohol inks and is a marvelous base for silk ribbon embroidery.  I can immediately think of places to use the piece with fans..

Also I did get a nice lightweight velvet in soft mauve and a Ralph Loren cotton sheet to cut up for foundation pieces... (not pictured)  All in all a fun day.. The weather was gorgeous, all the trees are in bloom and I didn't have to drive.....

3 comments:

margaret said...

some lovely lace you have there and well done resisting the cabinet

Marilyn said...

Oh my, what a lovely day you had. I almost cried when I had to get rid of my card file. It was only 1 layer on the stand but I loved it. It was much prettier than all the biscuit tins stacked in my cupboard that house my cq supplies now.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my goodness - that card file is to die for!!!! I would love one of those, but no place to put it here. Mind you, I might just turf out my DH in favour of a card file (well, no, I wouldn't - but only because he cooks!). You found some great inspiration for creativity in those laces and pretties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts