2/04/2016

Having a "Ducky Day"

Cooking covers every emotion for me.  When I'm happy I cook up a storm and when I'm REALLY depressed I cook up even a bigger storm..  Along with my Morris book and tambourine I want to be buried in an apron and red shoes. 

Several years ago I decided to make a doll in my own image and here it is. I actually had a mirror on the table as I sculpted the face... The head is sculpted from paperclay... I love wearing red and probably have more red coats and red shoes than any normal person should have. So of course a doll in my own image had to have red shoes...
 
And today I am having a "ducky day."  I have duck parts brining in the frig, duck fatty bits rendering on the stove and  a duck carcass in the oven making broth for French onion soup.  I'm thinking of fixing the old greenhouse so I can raise a few ducks and geese this summer.  We had geese before and the coyotes got them so have to have something secure.
 
 I baked a plum tart first thing this morning and also found a recipe for "Uncle Bubba's Seafood Pot Pie" with a puff pastry crust...which I will try this week end.  It has crab (I will use halibut) shrimp, scallops and oysters.  (I will leave out the oysters) 
 
Here's a close up of the gourmet cake......not going to win any blue ribbon at the fair!!!!

4 comments:

margaret said...

what a wonderful doll you have made, so creative. Afraid I do not share the love of cooking, now living on my own these last 13 years I have got so lazy, can`t remember when I last baked a cake

Unknown said...

Wow, first I knew of your sculpture talent. Love the doll.

Marilyn said...

I love your doll. I like to cook most times. I haven't done a lot lately because I can't eat a lot of things (I'm hoping eventually that will change) but I love to try out new recipes. Last night I cooked baked pork chops with parmesan-sage crust for DH. I was SOOO tempted to try one but I opted for yogurt and a banana and not being sick for the next month - sigh. I do love reading your menus when you post your cooking adventures.

Suzie in Idaho said...

Hope you are really really happy!! Menu sounds wonderful. Doll is ADORABLE!!
Suzie in Idaho

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts