12/26/2015

Auditioning lace and journal tip...

I started auditioning laces today..I have a special drawer for my most special and prized laces.  They're usually very delicate, handmade and with fine thread.  I don't tat so any quality tatting I find goes in that drawer also.  I used many of them on the corset blocks but still have plenty for this CQJP2016.  I had to wash some today and tea dye some of the stark whites.









Tip:  If you are thinking of making a journal cover keep an eye out for simple doilies of this type.  They are often overlooked because they are so plain but they are perfect as a foundation for laces.





 

DH left without me this morning...I would have worried all the way over, all the time we were there and all the way back so I chose to stay home warm and safe.  He kept saying I wish you would come and I kept saying I wish you would stay home.   He called to say he made it over the pass and sent this picture.

3 comments:

margaret said...

you have some very pretty laces. Like you I would stay home rather than going out in all that snow. Here we are recovering from rain, our city centre was under water last night due to the river overflowing but think it i all settling down now, I am staying home. The sun is shining through the window so is feeling nice and warm.

Marilyn said...

So glad to hear you DH made it there with no problems. The only trouble with auditioning laces is that I get caught up in just looking and fondling them. I'd be in big trouble with your stash :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Now that's my idea of bliss - being able to fondle all those pretty laces. The hard part is actually forcing myself to use them because I enjoy the fondling part so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts