10/18/2012

Morris is a two-pillow dog - CQJP block No.11


Morris loves his creature comforts and pillows are at the top of his list... He is a Corgi so is a very long in the body...  He really needs two pillows to be comfortable..  But in a pinch he will make do with one..









Yesterday   I vacuumed the couch and I piled the pillows in the corner... Morris was there in a minute or less.  If I hadn't had this block almost complete I would have loved to use this photo....
Maybe I'll use it on the story cards that will go in the back of the book.








Anyway it's done and here it is without the peek tabs........... On a good day Morris tries to make do with five pillows... Of course he has his own pillow on my bed but he prefers mine...

















And what it will look like with the peek tabs.

I've had little in the way of embroidered motifs on the last two pages but will make up for it one the next one... I had been mulling over this coming block for some time...

 The story is SO Morris but the only picture is not very good and it would be impossible to retake... But while working on my current block at Mom's therapy session a possible solution came to me and now I'm eager to start... I'm also going to make a slight departure from my ongoing color scheme.... in fact no other colors except the black and white on this coming block..

Big winds brought down the remaining plums on our four plum trees and deer and other critters  are eating non-stop...  It look similar under all the apple trees... The freezer is full of plums, I've made about a dozen plum tarts and cobblers, and given away plums to everyone I can... But our deer and other critters  will go into winter well fed...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Morris looks so long suffering lying on only one pillow and when he has more his expression seems to say "now this is what I deserve". If you like plum jam try adding 1/4 c. of Grand Marnier just before putting it in the jars. Yummy. I tried that recipe for the first time last year and I definitely made some more this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts