6/19/2012

Time to face the music...but all is not lost!

One thing about putting all your thoughts and ambitions out on a blog is that sometimes they come back to haunt you...  Last fall I wrote that I had wanted to do the the Hoffman Challenge for years and I was doing it this year NO MATTER WHAT!!

I ordered the material when it was announced and bought additional coordinating fabric in Los Angeles in January... Then it seemed July was eons away...but here it is.  I got so involved with the CQJP and the gold work RRs that I let the time slip by and now it is too late to do a proper job.

But all is not lost.  I signed up for a Victorian women RR that will begin in September and I can use the fabric for the blocks... I plan to use advertisements    for corsets as my theme... I have a large file of these which I have been saving for some time... This seems the perfect opportunity and the fabric will be just the right colors..












5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Time just seems to zoom by doesn't it. Too bad you missed the Hoffman challenge but at least you have another use for the fabrics. Your corset idea sounds like fun. I can't imagine trying to get into one of those - I hated panty girdles! The electric corset sounds particularly scary (grin)

Mosaic Magpie said...

With that sweet face, who could be upset? Time does slip away and often takes our good intentions with it. Good you have a back-up plan for that lovely Hoffman fabric.
Deb

Linda said...

When you told us about the Hoffman Challenge, I was very excited to see what you would do with the fabrics. I loved them then and I love them even more now. They will be perfect for the Victorial women RR. There was a perfectly beautiful serendipidous plan at work; you just did not know what it was. :-)

Cathy said...

Love that picture of you in a corset! (wink)!! And I am looking forward to the Victorian Women RR too, and my theme will be hats!! this is going to be loads of fun!! Hugs, Cat

Susan Elliott said...

You were too busy having fun! Life doesn't always bring us what we expect it to...like my SIL and her two children unexpectedly for a week!!! One week's notice...that was it...I'm still recovering...I, for one, can't wait to see all the fun you'll have with the corsets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts