3/24/2012

Needlebook Progress

I had hoped to have yesterday and today to work on it but yesterday was occupied toting my mother all day.... But I got a good start today...  I love the colors..  I see a problem putting the lace on the front cover and may have to make a few changes.

Hand work for later this evening and of course I'll have to add a bit of gold... I don't see me using the little pocket for scissors but definitely for a needle threader..  If the shape seems wrong it is because I cut it a bit larger and will trim it to size when all is attached.


The directions called for just sewing these lovely woven labels down.... but always having to do things my way, I decided to attach them to grosgrain ribbon first, then sew them down, and finally edge them with the teeniest, tiny  tatted lace if I can find it... I like the idea of them all having a little frame...

I am so excited about this little needle book...and so glad Susan Elliott put it out there...

1 comment:

Susan Elliott said...

Oh boy! LOVING these colors Gerry! And the addition of the ribbon is great! I just might have to do that myself one day...giving you credit of course...LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts