8/26/2011

Helina's artist block and Morris

I spent the entire day sitting by Morris the day he came home and finished this artist block for Helina... I was fourth and everyone had worked so nicely together I wanted mine to fit right in...  It was all simple and elegant.. a couple intricate seams and a floral motif...

Simple is not easy for me and I did pretty well except I had to have a little lace and then somehow the spider web crept in also...  Not too far off the mark though and they do all look nice together.


Morris's cruciate surgery on his leg went well...  Now the hard part ...no running, no jumping, no being a dog (those were the vet's words) for TWELVE WEEKS....and he has to be on a leash anytime he is outside.  Now for a farm dog who thought he could fly this is going to be a hard pill to swallow..  In the house there gates everywhere to keep him on the floor and confined all the time... Not happy dog and plus there is the indignity of having his butt shaved naked...

It will be a day or two before I get back to the tutorial...

6 comments:

Pearl said...

Poor Morris, I hope he has a speedy recovery and you too!

Sandi said...

I hope Morris gets well quickly. Twelve weeks is a long time for anyone to have to sit around, especially for a little doggie used to being so active.

Susan Elliott said...

Twelve weeks is 2 dog years!!!! The poor kid is going to start turning gray from the stress of it all!! That pic looks pitiful...he looks...grounded.

Marilyn said...

Oh, poor Morris. And poor you. It will be so hard to keep him sedate and off the furniture, etc. for 12 weeks! Especially when he starts feeling lots better and doesn't understand why he can't so what he wants. Give him an ear rub from Chevy and me.

Anonymous said...

Poor Morris going to go bonkers! I love your embroidered flowers. They look so graceful. Jane in mo

Mosaic Magpie said...

Morris,
I think you should ask Momma Gerry to please Crazy Quilt you some knickers. A boy that has to be still for 12 weeks deserves a treat. Those CQ knickers would look quite sporty on you!
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts