2/06/2011

Name that thingy!!!

I wish Google had the option of me entering a picture and they come up with a name/or a source... If you use Google images you need something more specific than "little metal thingy". We all have seen these forever as the little thingy that holds a button on a card. Every little thing, no matter how insignificant, has an official name...

I wanted to find some to put buttons on cards...and needed a source and to find a source I needed a name. I started out searching images for button clips with no luck at all and spent a good long time going through various clips on google images and managed to find they're in a category called r-clips (retaining clips). But r-clips covers a large variety of clips and finally I found an official name for the small ones in the subcategory.... radio tray clips... I found one source but it only sells in small quantities (20) and I want to buy 100 or more. But just finding the name is the biggest part of the problem so now I can expand the search.... I'm thinking Cathy K.'s husband can help me as he has an incredible electronics hobby room and must get catalogs filled with "radio tray clips."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it as a cotter pin. Maybe if you google that, you will find what you want.

Bett said...

Those are cotter pins.

Ruby said...

DH says in automotive language they are hairpin clips. Theirs are usually metal. Just another name you might want to be aware of. I have also heard hitch pin in farming supply related stuff. Same shape different size.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cotter Pins!

Gina said...

I'd try "plastic cotter pins". Here's some on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/66203574/cotter-pins

Pearl said...

I must say I think your other bloggers have it right "cotter pins" I also wanted to tell you I received my buttons today and I am thrilled to say the least! I can't wait to share them with my sister. The detail is so amazing, Hugs Pearl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts