7/16/2010

Hummingbird and Wil


The color is off as the muslin is actually white... but I wanted to show that I had used alcohol dyes to color outside the edge of the hummingbird to make it easier to applique... also I have all my directional guides inked to help me keep on track...

It has taken me 2 days to do the tail and one wing so it's looking like a 4-day bird.. I'm using 1 strand of variegated silk thread..."Waterlilies" I believe is the brand but the color name is gone. I love silk thread....

At this point I just realize I have the feathers on the other wing "fanned" the wrong direction... Glad I caught it before I stitched it...
Also Wil has found the car of his dreams.... a 1986 Subaru and is he excited... I'm glad because I am running out of funds for help... But I am so grateful to have had him this last month..
We finished up the new shelter for the rams today.. I should qualify the word "new" as it is all 2x6s repurposed from the old lath sales area that Wil dismantled. I will put wire on the sides and some more lag screws to firm it up but I can do that on a cool evening with no problem... Cost $0.00
The other big chore was putting a new cover and shade cloth on the greenhouse...at least 50' of it... The poor dear really needs a coat of paint but it won't happen this summer.. I use it now for the ewes to lamb in the spring and to winter them when we get a lot of snow and feeding and watering is difficult.. In addition Wil's hauled a lot of heavy stuff and did a lot of pruning... The rest of the things on my summer list I can handle if I have to. Hired help that is a handy man is a good thing!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You never cease to amaze me! Love the creative enclosure you're making, and can't wait to see your hummingbird finished. I'm starting on one, I took the pattern from a picture on my hummingbird border. You inspire me to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts