4/08/2010

Bead Journal Project - April

Everyone knows that if daffodils had wings they'd be goldfinches... Since my bird garden is festooned with daffodils in April it's only fitting that my April BJP be a goldfinch. The color is off in this photo.... The background beads are actually an iridescent peach but try as I might I couldn't get it or adjust it.....

I know that without this project I would have NEVER gotten around to documenting the development of my garden for the birds and how it changed my life... My first plan was to use part of the story with each finished bird but now thinking I'm going to use the birds for a cover for a book about the garden... Then I will make copies for kids and grandkids...

Following post is installment 4 - Hips! Hips! Hooray for Roses!

12 comments:

Ati said...

You are amazing with beads! It looks great Gerry!

Bia said...

This is the firt time I came visiting you ana I´m delighted to see what you can do! Congratulations. You make the world prettier.

Anonymous said...

Another awesome piece!

Karen S said...

Oh wow -- the bird is nice. But I LOVE the thistle!

allie aller said...

Your beaded birds are just amazing. You couldn't do such an amazing job if you didn't love them so much, too...

gocrazywithme said...

Your bead work is so beautiful, Gerry! And I'm loving the posts about your garden...

unnur said...

very pretty! I will have to try some solid beadworking myself... I a bead newbie! nice work!

Cobi said...

Gerry I love this piece. I love the 3D you created with the thistles. I'm working on my journal for March and it has 3 cute birds that I stenciled. Cannot wait to get started but have other commitments to do first. I also love the pictures of your garden. All those roses, they're terrific. I regret they refuse to grow on my (too hot) balcony.

sydsider said...

So wonderful. I love your beading!

Susan Elliott said...

The plan for the book is brilliant! Beautifully beaded and the little ladybug for just the right amount of color and good luck...

Robin said...

Oh Gerry, your goldfinch is so lovely!!!! Yes, the color doesn't look quite right, so I'll just have to come visit you and see it AND your roses in person. I've been reading back through your older posts and enjoying everything... puppy, roses, hips, stories! I'm soooooooooo glad we connected!

Robin A.

Sharon M said...

Another beautiful bird, how do you make each bird so unique? Lovely to look at!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts