5/16/2009

Part of my garden....29 years later



I love my wildlife garden almost as much as I love my forest... I took the above picture in April 1980 when I moved in. It took a month to haul away trash and broken down vehicles and equipment and begin to plant... I took the picture below this morning standing in the exact same spot... A portion of the same old apple tree is still propped up. If you look closely you can see the gazebo tucked into the trees on the left and there's a pond by the little bridge. I will be filling the antique tub with flowers soon... The sign is a coveted award from the WA Dept. of Wildlife.. another tale to tell later.....

2 comments:

Ati said...

You are a remarkable women! To buy such a neglected place and made a paradise from it. Bravo!!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts