2/09/2009

Bears







My son said there were "about" 500 photos to edit. I've done over 500 and have 2 discs to go.. Not all the fishing is salt water. A lot of clients prefer flying into the wilderness in helicopters and float planes to fish. So this set of photos not only included lots of the usual man/fish pictures but fabulous shots of wildlife and scenery.

There were dozens of bear photos because if the salmon are running the bears are fishing and they are so large they have the right-of-way ALWAYS... Noone argues with a brown bear.

A fishing brown bear is like a dog on point and stares intently at the water and then suddenly in one swift motion scoops out a fish. They are also very territorial with their fishing spot and fights ensue if another bear encroaches. Although I don't fish when I'm there I never miss a chance to flyout if there is an empty seat on a helicopter. My favorite photo was the first one ...the bear on the rock...

2 comments:

Skye said...

I love bears, wildlife, and these photos are beautiful...Your son does an awesome job of taking pictures...Skye

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I would love to see that in person! Wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts