10/05/2008

Forget-me-nots


I love it when I see a picture of a block posted at the beginning of an RR and it immediately sparked an idea . Lovebirds and pink roses just popped into my brain. This is Maire's block for an encrusted RR and went to Cobi and Ati before it arrived at my house and they had made a spectacular start on it. The pink roses in my visions were immediately replaced with yellow ones when I saw Ati's roses and Cobi's pale yellow catkins. Maire asked for no more blue but the block screamed for more forget-me-knots which I did with silk ribbons and highlighted with fabric paints. They surrounded a small poem and grounded the pair of love birds...

Leslie Ehrilich was the final embellisher and, as usual, she picked up the theme and completely brought this block together. It's a joy work on a project when the needlework of four women creates a wonderful harmony.....




1 comment:

NickiLee said...

What a absolutely beautiful CQ blocks! I love every stitch and the colors and detail are stunning - oh to be able to CQ like this.... I'll keep plugging away. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts