10/01/2009

Singer Cover Progress




And did I do any work.....? Well some but not as much as I had hoped for several reasons.. First I had a great problem with the altitude. We were at 9600 feet and I had all the symptoms associated with altitude sickness so I spent much more time resting than I would have liked... Secondly I kept ripping out the seams until I discovered tiger tape (more on that in another post.) Thirdly it seemed the very things I wanted to use were still at home.

But I did get all the robins attached and am working on the branches with #3 perle and most of the seams are very embellished. Cathy K. gave me some marvelous variegated silk ribbon I used for the leaves on the branches in the upper left. I just loved it. Janet gave me the exquisite mother-of-pearl butterfly in the other corner. Lauri gave me the little cabochon on the upper right of the back section which I need to bead around. Ing gave me some precious rose beads which will go on soon and Claudina (bless her heart) had a source for my very favorite gold beads and is sending them....

I'm trying to work on both sections simultaneously so there will be continuity from front to back. I did add the rose top center of the front block and showed everyone my 5-pin technique which they now call the Gerry rose...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts