10/03/2009

New number

Anyone struggling with weight knows the joy of reaching a new number that is a goal. I saw it yesterday and it was still there today so now I can set a new goal...

I never had a problem with weight gain until I had an hysterectomy at 39. From then on I was like an old spade cat and just got rounded and rounded. Years of dieting and exercise were so depressing . A couple years ago I decided to eat what I liked but focus on smaller portions and just 2 meals a day. Slowly, oh so slowly, it has worked but took 2 years to take off twenty pounds. But yesterday I saw the number that was my goal. Now I can set a new number and keep going... By the time I'm 80 I should be a decent weight....but's that OK....

It would be much easier if:
  • I didn't love to cook

  • Have a husband that craves sweets and loves to eat and of course he has no weight problem...

  • And the fact our social life revolves around entertaining and food.....

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congratulations!! I had been doing so well but stess and over eating has put me on hold. I love to cook/bake and that is part of the problem plus loving to eat!! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts