This first tassel was definitely a learning experience and will make many changes in technique for the last seven. Tassel is just pinned to the valance now and will decide final length when all are done. Since I probably couldn't get them the same length if I tried I am thinking they will be staggered lengths. I am going to attach the cord to the valance when finished with a cluster of antique gold metal buttons and bee charms. I couldn't be happier with the final look of the valance...lots of big sloppy stitches and braid attached with hot glue but the look I wanted is there.
I added silk ribbons with beads on the ends in the tassels. The weight of the beads made the ribbons disappear to the center of the tassel...problem. .maybe varying the lengths of threads and ribbons would work... It was when I was trying to get the silk ribbons through beads that I discovered how nifty the 28 gage wire worked,, what a blessing that was. Not as much of the variety of colors show...problem...maybe separating threads more when assembling will help. Couldn't drill the hole in the bird perpendicular...problem but I think this can be solved using the drill press. Used some Edmar thread in tassel and it is static even when wet...solution is not use it in the rest of tassels.