10/12/2009

Apron idea.....christmas coming...

I started making aprons from these overall shorts when I had the nursery. Potting soil with peat in it stains everything and it is impossible to get the stains out. So I would get these overall shorts at the thrift store, cut off the back and make instant tough aprons for the gals to wear while potting seedlings....

Then I started making them to sell and just used the bib and the back pockets...and they sold very well... NOW is the time of year to start collecting the bib overall shorts. Our Value Village has a specific color of tag for $1 on Monday and I always headed for the shorts rack in the winter... and the selection was much greater in the winter. I used to buy all of them on sale but now I just look for the larger sizes.. They are my favorite apron to wear....and make a great gift...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

You are so right! I love this bib apron that you gifted me with. In fact, I went to the thrift store this afternoon and bought 3 bib overalls and/or shorts. (the extra denim works great for purses or quilts - I'll have to blog about those sometime). My costs were a little more, but not painful: between $1.50 - $3.00 each. I'm starting my Christmas gifts and Christmas boutique projects now! Thanks for sharing! Love, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts