12/31/2011

Fantastic Soutache Tutorial

Remember the soutache jewelry from the other day... Well I have a huge hug and thank you for Jocelyne Ausseil  who found this fantastic tutorial
which is also in French but has lots and lots of great photos.
http://www.oceaniecreations.fr/blog/schema-bijoux-perles-broderie-a-la-soutache/


In fact the photos are so great that I wanted to print it all to keep for future reference... BUT I can only get it to print pages 1 and 2 and then all the comments...  Problem solved!! Both Kerry and Karen sent it to me in PDF format...  Thank you!

Here are a couple pieces by French artist Anneta Valious, check out her site.  Here is another site with slide show of soutache jewelry by Dori Csengeri   I know that somewhere before long I want to adapt this in CQ... It just says PEACOCK to me...  Can't you just see a long tail of this braid and beads????

After weeks of occasional deliberation I finally picked my word for 2012... will post what and why in a couple days... 

6 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Beautiful jewelry! I will be posting my word tomorrow. After trying to come up with just the right word, it was right in front of me all the time. I hope you will have time to visit.
Deb

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This stuff is gorgeous Gerry! I can see it lending itself to cq too! Off to check out the link now and see if it will print off for me.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hi Gerry - I made them into word docs and just sent them to you. If they don't come through, let me know and I will try again.
Hugs,
Kerry

Suztats said...

Yes, peacock feathers, and jeweled flower centers, and encrusted, winding borders.......Thanks for the links.
Happy New Year!

Pearl said...

I've never seen anything like this, its just beautiful, happy new year!

Cherie said...

I am supposed to be starting dinner but I dont want to leave your lovely blog. I have bookmarked you and will be visiting again...... often. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts