10/22/2009

Another mounted block

I already had the strip sewn around this block but not backed and have another the same way. I think it is going to be easier to add pellon and then the edging...

I cut enough backing last night for all the blocks I want to do but decided I would go to fabric store today to get material to make the bias binding... Like I really need more material... But the bias really looks and works up better. I will limit the colors though...maybe just black and green.

This is one piece that I really did a LOT of seams... and buttons, buttons everywhere! Sometimes it is fun to go back and look at an older block and see things in a different light. As I rule I wouldn't scatter buttons everywhere like I did here but I like it.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Gerry,
Thanks for sharing this idea of finishing off blocks! I really like it and plan to use it as soon as I get my goodies near me! Beautiful block!

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring idea. I will definitely use this method to finish the block I am currently working on! Joan

Cobi said...

Gerry this looks so lovely. The block is really pretty and displaying it like that does it justice. I have to get out my old blocks and finish them. I'm on the right track tho': already finished 2 UFOs this year.

Lisa said...

I love this way of mounting the blocks! There are only so many wall hangings that one can use and this is a great way to display the blocks and so easy to change them out with the seasons! Looking forward to trying it out!

Susan/CqLily said...

Very late comment Gerry, but this is REALLY encrusted! Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts