10/22/2009

Correction and comments

In my haste I had the wrong names on the Gypsy Rose.. I confused the two RRs I was in with Ati at the same time... It was Ati, Wendy, Meg and and Lisa Boni. It was Lisa that did the beautiful rose that inspired the name and Meg who put the trim with the coins on the block....all their work was lovely.... I apologize....

Also I may not have been as clear as I like because Colleen commented "Add an extra layer at the top of your block [on the back] maybe 2-3 inches. It would be sewn across the top and sides but the bottom would be left loose. You could slide a piece of cardboard or foam board cut to size under that loose flap."
But then the rest of the block would be hanging loose so to speak

The beauty of the heavy pellon is that it is as if the block were stretched and mounted. In fact I do stretch my blocks when they're finished on a cork board . Now I can keep that crisp shape with the pellon. Jo even suggested another layer of pellon for added stiffness which might be a good idea for the beaded RR which is very weighty indeed. I am busy cutting bias strips this evening...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts