8/01/2009

Ruthie's Block

I finished the poppies and feel they are strong enough to balance the red patches. I aimed for bold, brash and RED!!!!!

I would love to take the time to put a hummingbird in the center red patch and some lovely red buttons and..... and.....I could spend another week easy but want to get this to Emmy before she leaves on her vacation.... The color in this photo is true.

Because satin stitch or any filled stitch is difficult for me to work over lace I again embroidered it on felt on a hoop and then cut it out... I do the lines with a tiny stem stitch or chain stitch, fill it with stitching, trim right up to the stitching and attach over the lace.. Because the felt does not fray I find this technique work VERY well. The dyed leaves are from a whole doily of leaves I found at a thrift store recently...

3 comments:

Ann Flowers said...

Your work is unbelievable. those poppies turned out so fantastic. WOW. I love it. Simply stunning work:)

Wendy said...

What you have done is gorgeous! I like that you did big and bold!

Jo in NZ said...

fabulous job Gerry. That motif is perfect, and yes it does balance the red patches.
I am starting to love felt too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts