8/24/2009

Gathering and planning



I love the gathering and planning stage if for nothing else I get to fondle all my stash...

Here's where I am...
1. Because the prints are so large and bold I'm using the finest and most delicate laces I have as a counterpoint.
2. I pulled a lot of antique gold braid and cording, plus black velvet ribbon and black sequin braid..
3. Seeing some velour thread on Allie Allison's site prompted me to find mine. I will overdye it and use it to weave a basket for flowers.
4. Because this is a challenge I am still avoiding roses and trying flowers I've never done... I pulled out a book, "Ribbon Renaissance" by Helen Eriksson and found some great inspiration...
5. Main colors will be shades of gold, green and white....burgundy accent color
6. A bird... I've never embroidered a robin and one eating berries would work perfect on this block...
7. Since the colors are somber I chose this picture of my grandmother which fits the mood. Her hand was awkward to make an oval so I will photo edit it to have it appear in her pocket.

3 comments:

qwerty said...

I'm loving this combination so far!! For being out of your comfort zone, you certainly have an eye for colour!

Lesley said...

Hi Gerry. This looks like a really exciting project. You certainly have a great eye for colour. I don't think you are outside your comfort zone at all. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it progresses, and having said that, I'd better get on with my own sewing, a purse for MIL in PINK, definately out of My comfort zone. luv Lesley

Susan said...

Gerry,
I so enjoy going through your process with you! I cannot tell you how helpful it is in learning the art form of CQ. Actually it would be applicable to any type of art. Anyway thanks for your details. I love that you are 'avoiding' your favorites...can't imagine me avoiding pinks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts