8/14/2009

Peacock block finished


My part on this block is finished except for adding legs.. It was really an interesting mix of fabrics and colors. I liked the paisley wing on peacock and will use the idea again... The "feathery" tail is heavily beaded with purple and turquoise beads but they don't show in the photo... This block is ready to mail to Emmy in the Netherlands and she will be the last to work on it... I love how these blocks travel the globe.....



Att: Miss Cathy K....please note that I did a 7 layer seam!!!!

8 comments:

Ruby said...

It's the seam within the heart by the fan? Lovely. You surely found the right thread/yarn for the tail! And the other peacock's beaded tail and body is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Gerry said...

Oh Gerry, the peacock is stunning. I love the way you put the tail together. Very, very nice!

Cobi said...

Gerry I absolutely love your peacock. You do such gorgeous work. I couldn't make such a peacock without a proper drawing provided to me.

Cathy said...

Gerry, your peacock is drop-dead gorgeous!! Beads, "feathers" - he's got it all!!! And KUDOS to you for doing a 7-layer seam! Woo-hoo! (did you post a picture of it in the Challenge album?). How do you do it? You just keep getting better and better!! Hugs, Cathy

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Beautiful Gerry! I love the paisley wing on the peacock - very clever idea!
Hugs,
Kerry

Wendy said...

Gerry your peacock is stunningly gorgeous! As I love peacocks this is a great idea that I will borrow from you. your work is such an inspiration.

Rose Anne B said...

WOW what peacock with or without legs!!! Awesome job.

linda smith said...

please please put a tutorial on how to make your roses that r own the sccisscors u r selling beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts