8/04/2009

My real love!!


I think I'd give up my car before I'd give up my tractor and stacking bales is my favorite.... Running the rototiller is boring, moving gravel and picking up bales is more fun... But stacking the bales in the barn without touching them by hand takes REAL finesse... One lever moves the bucket up and down and another gives a wide range of tilt to the bucket... Getting in the right position and tipping at the right second can set a bale in perfect position on the stack... If it's a bit farther back than my bucket can reach, I can flip the bucket fast while lifting it, putting a spin on the bale and it falls about two feet back... It's a real challenge and when I set one perfectly, it's a loud YES!!!!

5 comments:

Ati said...

Two of your favorite words in the sidebar are Handy man and Hired help. I see you don't need any of them :-)
It makes me smile seeing you working with the tractor, hurry up girl ! The sheep will love you for it during the winter.

Skye said...

Now, when I lived on my grandfather's farm (a 100 years ago), I got to drive the truck while he picked up the bales..That was "cool"...However, times have changed and it looks as though you might actually be having more fun!! hugs, Skye

Cobi said...

this really looks like big fun.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I love this picture, and tractors. My dad had an old Ford and I got to ride with him often spreading dirt or gravel on the driveway. Sweet memories.He was a body man (painted and fixed autos) and when he repainted his tractor he drew a heart on the back with his and my mother's initials..so sweet.
SMiles,Pat

Pegnard said...

So much fun to visit your site! I found your comment on Robin's blog and followed your link. I used to live in Spokane, about 50 years ago, before 1st grade. What beautiful country it is! I grew up in Quincy. I miss my tractor. We used to have the sweetest little Kuboda that we used to lift manure onto our earthworm rows, and occasionally to bring a load of wood down to the house. Those were the days! On Kauai, we don't need to burn wood, it never snows, but can get chilly at 50 in the winter.
You do lovely work, thanks for sharing it in your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts