8/18/2009

Peacock's Tail



I was asked what yarn I used for peacock's tail... I know it must have a name but I got this bag of 4 partial skeins at a thrift store... It is very wispy and ethereal. I used about a foot from 3 of the skeins, couched them in place and then beaded over it. I'll look the next time I am at Michaels to see if it is something they carry. I thought it would be great in water scenes and the rust on autumn blocks... Never thought of a peacock when I bought it but isn't that the nature of CQ?? Buy it all just in case.....

2 comments:

Ruby said...

It may go by other names but I've always heard it referred to as 'eyelash'. It worked perfectly for the peacock.

JeanneZ said...

What a great idea for a peacock tail. Love the colors. Eyelash is what I have heard it called.
JeanneZ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts