8/28/2009

Not the felt thing AGAIN!!

Yep! I know you've suffered through poppies, peacocks and bunnies. But now it is robins.. But I don't think I have mentioned how much I love these little 6" hoops for doing motifs.. I pick them up at thrift stores and I have numerous sizes...They just the perfect size to pop into a ziplock bag and take along to doctors, dentists, etc. Such places are hard to work on a regular block although I have been known to take a lightweight TV tray along if I'm waiting on someone else. In fact I keep one of those trays in my trunk just in case.

I will work on all three simultaneously and work the colors in layers.. Will post as I go..

2 comments:

Susan said...

Gerry,
I know you have commented on using this technique many times and even commented that you all used it in the Paisley's challenge. However, is there a tutorial somewhere or have you written one? I cannot firgure out what you do with the felt edges when you cut and then applique it to the block...
Thanks loads!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled your sharing another useful tip. I would not thought of the small hoops for little work. That is come in so handy as I learn Brazilian Embroidery. Since your cutting them out anyway. Since I am the one who takes my hubby's grandparents to all their doctor visits. I sit and stitch in the waiting room a lot. This tip is so very helpful for me!!! Thank you Gerry. I look forward to seeing your robins all done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts