8/18/2009

Another winter project!!!


This old commode chair has been sitting in the barn for about 30 years ever since I picked it up at an estate auction...It is very old, extremely heavy, well-made chair with the original china commode and lid... Originally I had wanted to refinish the wood but never got around to it...Last week when I was putting bales in the barn I had to pass it with every trip and decided that I really MUST do something with this chair...
It has always reminded me of a throne and then I burst out laughing when I thought of one of the meanings of the word "throne". What a wonderful play on words....so a throne it will be... but a very whimsical one...and I can even cover the padded lid with CQ... You know how I love to paint furniture and it has a lot of marvelous surfaces to paint..... Looks like I will have some fun projects once winter comes...

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Oh! Gerry, I absolutely love that idea! The power really came on with THAT thought! Hope I get to see the finished chair. Fit for a queen I'm sure. :)

Skye said...

I love it!! Looking forward to seeing it's completion...hugs,Skye

murgelchen said...

Your ideas are wonderful.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I really didn't know those still existed lol
I automatically thought of the old English courts, Henry the VIIIth, and him being so greedy and lazy that he would sit on a chair that had a chamber pot under it... that would have to be where the 'throne' came in :)

gocrazywithme said...

I still have my baby potty chair, which is wooden also, but not as lovely as your throne. And of course, my rear wouldn't fit in it anymore....

Robin said...

Now this is a project to envy. Thanks for the chuckle re the word "throne."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts