12/08/2009

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

When we came home last night the water pipes in the upstairs bathroom had frozen and burst and water had been flooding through the ceiling who knows how long. The water is shut off at the pump house and every towel, blanket , and tablecloth is spread out upstairs and down to soak up water. I have been unable to reach my favorite plumber..... he's probably vacationing in Texas where pipes don't freeze..

Since I can't do anymore until I can get a plumber here I might as well stitch on Rose Anne's block...

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I hate all that plumbing stuff including septic. We had that problem in the kitchen before we added a room. Now if it gets really cold a drain may freeze, which doesn't make a mess but causes a huge problem all the same.
Good luck.
Carol

Rose Anne B said...

OMGG Gerry I feel for you and DH cleaning up that mess! Hopefully the damage is not too costly. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Gerry, I am so sorry you have such a mess to deal with. Hope you found your plumber and things are on the mend. I love your attitude, calm heart and therapeutic stitching. Suzie in Idaho

Cathy said...

Oh Gerry, I know how awful a flood can be; we had one in our basement last January. The first thing we did was call the local disaster clean-up people. Their bill was paid by our insurance, but having them out immediately to not only suck up all the water, but pull back the carpets and install huge industrial fans helped us save the carpets and walls. They even put down new pads and cleaned our carpets for us! We had our deductible to pay, naturally, but it didn't affect our rates. Can your insurance company help you??? Hugs, Cathy (feeling your pain!)

RoseLady said...

Oh My- So sorry you returned home to such a mess.I admire your ability to sit and stitch knowing you have done all you can.

Joan

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I feel your pain Gerry! `Real` winter is not all pretty Christmas card scenes, is it?
Hugs,
Kerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts