12/29/2009

Daffodil block progress

I cut the goldfinches out of the felt and have sewn them on the block.. Before the final few stitches I stuffed a little batting under the birds and thistle pods to give them more dimension... I drew in where the stems and flowers of the thistle will go. I thought about doing the thistle flowers either in bullion stitch or beads...maybe both
.
I know that you're thinking "Now where are the daffodils on this daffodil block!" Well I have daffodils on the seam on the right which are ribbon rosettes and a bead center.. But I do have plans for LOTS of daffodils as soon as I finish a couple more seams...stumpwork daffodils, beaded daffodils, ribbon daffodils and cross stitch daffodils...You can see the little garden seam on upper right...


HWCH did actually get to have a few meals on the table before I started painting buttons....which will take a few more days...




3 comments:

Kathi said...

I love those finches! What wonderful work you do. I am going to keep that technique in mind for future projects. I love stitching on felt.

Karen said...

Such beautiful birds! I have lately become a real sucker for birds of any kind and I think finches are so sweet!

AngelDoll said...

I LOVE your finches...brings back many memories! Besides doing gorgeous stitching and beading, I LOVE your blog. THANK YOU for sharing!

PS...also love your sense of humor as it makes me smile! Happy new year!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts