12/24/2009

I've started my goldfinches... For those who are new to my blog I do my birds on felt on a hoop. Since felt has a tendency to stretch, the first step is to outline the bird with a very tight chain stitch. Also I added a few guidelines for the direction of the feathers on the bird on the left. Now I will fill in with long and short stitches...
You might notice that the bird on the right is from the same sketch I'm using for my bead journal project...so I will be doing it in two different techniques..
Something else I want to try a motif on this block in cross stitch on waste canvas. Also will be doing some stumpwork ...more than usual because I signed up for the stumpwork RR.....

1 comment:

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Gerry, I am so intrigued with your stitching figures onto felt... if I may ask a question... After you have stitched totally your shape... say the birds, then do you cut them out super close to the outside line of stitching or leave some felt and tuck it under as you stitch in down to your block? I hope it is okay to ask you your secret and will understnd if you don't want people to know...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts