12/13/2009

Eye movement and a couple other thoughts!!!

In my predawn state of confusion yesterday I forgot to mention my favorite themes ...eye movement and repetition of elements....such as color, shape, line etc. As you can see here there is a regular "river" of elements carrying the eye across and up and out of the block.... The addition of the cherry branch and the peacock will STOP it ..pow! You can remember this photo and see the difference later....

Obviously the main color palette are shades of peacock but I've added the peachy/pinkish copper color as the main accent.....which will used often in smaller amounts. I want to do most of the stumpwork/dimensional embroidery (May) in the stream/pond with plants, stones, etc. I will start including gold from the beginning because I am so looking forward to the goldwork month.... The 2010 challenge list is so GREAT because it encompasses so many diverse aspects if CQ.....

As I write we were pumping water from the cellar out through the kitchen and the hose sprung a leak and flooded the kitchen.... Weeks like this I dreamed of condo living.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts