Then I decided to put all the designs I have sketched so far on the muslin so I could see them all together. The quail is kinda static but I'm happy with the rest. I decided I don't want blue backgrounds on all of them so will try other colors. I even tried alcohol dyes on some beads today with an interesting result.
I want to try to get more and more texture into the beading and maybe a little more whimsy. The goldfinch is the same design that I already did in embroidery. It will be interesting to see the two different treatments on the same design. I did add the robin family and mama will have a bug in her beak. Also added a bluebird who will be nestled in blue morning glory vines..