7/02/2009

Nearly done!!




As I mentioned in the previous post, this is a was a very linear block with some very long vertical lines.. My goal was to introduce more horizontal elements and move the eye around the block... I added or enhanced 5 horizontal lines and broke up the long side lines.

I'm just about done. I added pink ribbon to the upper right. It straightened out the little black bit and made the area more substantial... If I were last on the block I would embellish this little area... The bluebird I had first chosen was changed to one with pearl beading. The first was too much blue. I love painting these little birds...



I hope I've explained how I set out to repeat colors and elements and move the eye around the block...and I hope you think I accomplished my goals in the previous posts....... Now that I look at it, the polka dots give it kinda a "Mary Engelbright" look... I want black, blue and greens in the butterfly and I still need to address the left side of the silkie....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gerry, I just love following your "train of thought" when you do a block! Your an awesome teacher! Debbie (Maine)

Ruby said...

You're doing great explaining to "us" newbies!. It amazes me how one bluebird button was too blue. I can see the difference. It was one of those small touches that really made an impact. LOve the rose spray in SRE. It brings out the silk so nicely. Thanks. :)

Ati. Norway. said...

You did a fantastic job on this block Gerry!

Faye said...

Lovely Gerry... truely lovely!!!
cheers - FDS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts