7/14/2009

Crowns


I've sketched some crowns on felt... They are about 1 1/2" across. I usually try to choose a color of felt that either blends with the embroidery or the background. In this case the primary color of the block.
I decided to stitch them exactly like I would a pasley. I will outline them in a chain stitch and then proceed to embellish with gold, beads etc. I'm doing them all at once so I can repeat some colors and threads throughout... This along with the similar size will help them balance out on the block... Anyway that is plan A at the moment... Since she is the Queen of Hearts I do intend to include a heart somewhere on each crown....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go again Gerry, off to create something unique! Do you have a time tree or what?? Debbie (Maine)

Susan said...

Gerry,
Great idea! Is this how you make and applique things to your blocks always?
I love learning from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts