4/30/2009

Faye's block progress


I had this silkie of lilies in just the right color and stitch a purple bias strip around it...It's the tip of the day. On 99cent day at my thrift store I check all the better dresses for the "hanger strips" They're used to help keep a dress from falling off a hanger and are usually attached on thre inside at the shoulder seams. In better garments they are bias strip matching the fabric in the dress...

So it can be an odd size and ugly dress but have great "hanger strips". That is exactly what the purple bias is... It was rather plain by itself so added a bit of gold on the inside and purple beads around it... Rather than worry about where the ends meet on the frame I placed them where a butterfly would cover them....

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I llike your additions to the block. I think a round robin block would be so much fun. So I will just have to enjoy yours. Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts