4/16/2009

Mango Curd


I'm doing something Monday I used to do quite often....having a fancy tea .... One of my usuals were tiny tarts filled with lemon curd. Since this time I'm having my new favorite lemon bread made from "Sour Cream Lemon Pound Cake" recipe, I decided to make a mango curd for the tarts... The only problem was finding a recipe I liked. The user criticizim I most often saw was the mango taste was not strong enough so this morning I set about to make my own recipe:

1 c. dried mango soaked overnight in 1c. water
1 large fresh mango peeled and diced...
3/4 c. sugar
Simmer soaked mangos, fresh mango and sugar in water from soaking until tender.

Process until smooth. Add 5 beaten egg yolks, 1 T. lime or lemon juice, 1/2 t. ginger and cook at low heat until it thickens. Add 1-2 T. butter... Chill and fill tarts or use on scones....

It tastes great and when I fill the tarts on Monday I'll take a photo to post.....

3 comments:

Diane said...

That sounds delicious. I must try it. I make lemon curd and eat it by the spoonful! Often at our Seniors group a friend and I make a lemon ginger marmalade which sells before it's even bottled. It's the smell from the kitchen that does it.

Cobi said...

oh Gerry this sounds yummie! I will have to skip the ginger as it makes me swell up like a balloon, love the taste tho'. I assume the t and T stand for tablespoon and teaspoon, but which is which? thank you for sharing the recipe. btw could I use another fresh mango in stead of the dried one? we don't have them dried here.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Gerry! DD fell in love with mangos during her time in Brazil and I might just have to surprise her with some of this.
Hugs,
Kerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts