4/12/2009

Embroidered words

I want to experiment with different ways to put lettering on a block. Before I try the waste canvas I wanted to try basting in lines similar to those on penmanship paper in grammar school. I wanted these particular words, "heart to heart", to be embroidered on a curve, in an art nouveau style and in all capital letters...

I created the desired line on a piece of interfacing, inserted pins along the line and then folded the interfacing back and basted along the pins.... Then it was easy to baste a second and third row of pins a specific distance from the first basting line, repeating the process. Below is picture of all three lines before pressing and then a photo of stitched lettering and basting threads removed... I liked this method because I didn't have to mark on the fabric and wasn't limited to cross stitch alphabets.... Yesterday I received some canvas and alphabets from Janet and am anxious to try it also....

1 comment:

Ruby said...

I am glad to see you posting about words. That is something I need to work on,too. Looks like you have some good ideas! Thanks, Ruby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts