4/16/2009

Meg's block .. progress


First I added the butterfly nestled in Ati's flower. It didn't show up all that well so couched it with tiny gold piping. Then I added my lace that I dyed... It complements the pattern in her fabric and I was really happy with the way the colors of the lace work on the block.... Tell me I'm not TOO crazy to get so excited about a piece of old lace....

I have started on seams. I worked some on the rickrack Marya put on and have started down the longest seam..I'm on my third pass and hope to do 6 or 7. I'm very hesitant to add beads or sequins to this seam as I believe there will be 2 folds that cross this seam and do not want anything that will protrude or catch on things... I tend to work my seams way too tight...

The elegant seam in the upper right was done by Ati... It inspires me whenever I look at it... Thank you Ati...what fun to follow you!!! ..... I also love the white and turquoise floral spray that Ati added in the lower left. As soon as I finish the seams I will repeat elements in that spray in some other way to coordinate the needlework.... I have some special variegated satin cording that I hope to use somehow as the colors are perfect.....

1 comment:

Saucy Chick Sherry said...

Wow what a beautiful block and in just exactly my colors. Your hand stitching is equisite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts