7/19/2010

This hummer is a "humdinger"


I am so happy with this little hummer.. That variegated silk thread is just perfect for the colors of Ritva's block. I'm just starting on the seam treatments now... I've signed up for a seams-only RR which start Sept.1 so I'm beginning to practice on this block... Please don't ask me what this flower is as it is just "smooch, smash, and scrunch.
This design was inspired by a vintage Art Nouveau tile... Oh I did put just a little batting under the hummer as I finished appliqueing it down...just a little poof!!! And the silk thread on his head is Gloriana "Cherry Tart". The bee will go into the upper right patch..
Art Nouveau is ultra-embellished... Look at any Mucha poster and there is not a single quiet spot....I just love his work and have 2 of his large posters hanging in my kitchen.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! This hummingbird is so gorgeous!!! What a perfectly beautiful job!!!

Ati said...

The hummingbird is perfect in its circle!! I admire your embroidery skills! The seams are very nice too :)It is a lovely block.

Suztats said...

Beautiful hummingbird! I love how the wings extend beyond the circle.

Gerry said...

Gerry, this is just stunning! The entire motif is fabulous, even the 'fantasy' flower.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous block Gerry. Love, love, love the hummingbird! Debbie (Maine)

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

That is the most gorgeous hummer I have seen. Your work is amazing.
Hugs,Pat

Anonymous said...

Oh wow wow! I just get out of breath! You are so talented. I always admire your work more and more.

Hugs!
Ritva

Cathy said...

Oh my, this is just GLORIOUS! What a beautiful block this is! Hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts