7/22/2010

Ritva's Art Nouveau Block finished....almost

Invariably I think it is done and then I see it on the screen and see something that needs to be done... First I forgot the legs and antenna on the bee.. Insect jewelry during this period was very popular.... especially dragonflies, butterflies and bees... Next I had some wonderful antique buttons I had laid out to add and forgot... Then it will be done...

All the talk I do about directional elements and then I have the bee heading right off the block but it was the only way it was going to fit. I really like the hummer and will pin some of that thread to the drawing and repeat it on something for myself..

You can see I added a lot of seam work and tried to repeat the circle (or arc) shape as often as possible. Also I loved the blue patch in the lower left and tried to use it in almost every seam to carry it around the block..


9 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh, that's GORGEOUS. I love the colors in the hummingbird.

Anonymous said...

Thank You Gerry! This is something unbelievable! I love your work on my block, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs!
Ritva

Anonymous said...

Wow, your humming bird is absolutely stunning. Gorgeous work!! I know Ritva will love it for sure:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Lesley said...

Hi Gerry that is one of the most beautiful pieces of work I have ever seen. The colours are wonderful. Ritva is a very lucky lady. Blessings

Ruby said...

Great hummingbird. Lovely! Thanks for the comment on moving the color around. I can really 'see' that but it helps to have it stated.

Cathy said...

Your work is such an inspiration. I love that hummingbird in circle. It is similar to a stained glass thingy I have hanging in my kitchen window.

I didn't know insect jewelry was popular during that period. Thanks for that info.

Shawkl said...

I know everyone says your block is beautiful...and it is. But, it is just the prettiest thing I have seen in a long time! Wanted you to know I think it is great!

Marty52 said...

Absolutely stunning, Gerry! Your hummingbird design is really special.

Susan Elliott said...

I agree that the colors in your hummer are perfect. I also love how the bird is within the circle, broken by it's wing...it's a lovely touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts