7/14/2010

Oh no, not another hummingbird.....












Well I'm afraid so....almost embarrassed to admit it but the colors in Ritva's Art Nouveau block just said "hummingbird" to me... I had wanted to (and still do) stitch AN animals and insects on these RR blocks and will get in a rabbit and cat somewhere on the coming blocks....a cat for sure for Cathy. I'll do a jeweled bee on this block also... Cathy did a heart on her Ritva block and I'll try to pick up on that in some way...

I love the "bands" of designs in circles,arches etc. in so much of Mucha's work and have this circle one in progress. It needs the gold rows and beads around it yet. And it needs to be pressed. The hummingbird and a flower will go over the circle...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Gerry I love hummingbirds and am looking forward to see this one completed. I'm going to attempt stitching a bird, hope I can do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts