7/24/2010

Bee Fore and Bee After

Here is Ritva's little bee... bee fore and after...I do the legs with bullion stitches...

Everyone loves and does dragonflies but none compare to Pat Winter's dragonflies and I believe it is because she always adds those long, elegant, delicate legs.. I always refer to the dragonflies in the her book which I love but there's a lovely one on the sidebar of her blog... BTW this is my newest favorite type font... "Birmingham" Art Nouveau to be sure....

I wanted the detail on this bee but it was so little...Here's a little tip I use sometimes... When an image is quite small on a website and I can't click it larger....and I want it bigger without getting a bunch of pixels, I get as close as I can to the screen and take a picture of the computer screen itself... (be sure to turn off your flash) When you download the picture to your computer you get a much larger image... Sometimes this tip really comes in handy....

Here are some example of Art Nouveau insect jewelry... It was always embellished with precious gems.. My favorite is the bee below carved from amber.





5 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Those bullion legs were just the ticket! I like the font too and the idea of taking a pic of the screen is yet another brilliant tip !

Your bee is bee-you-tea-full!

Suztats said...

The after looks much better!

Momma Bear said...

I love Bees, and yours is wonderful!
great tip for the legs BTW. I will bee using it next time I add one to a piece.
you are also to be praised for the "take a pic of the computer screen" to enlarge a small picture, excellent idea!
this is why you are my hero!)

AngelDoll said...

GREAT tip, GREAt blog and GREAT stitching. Your blog is my favorite and SEW inspiring. Keep up the great work Rose!
...hugs,
Cheryl

linda smith said...

love your chair an doilies love your work beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts