7/26/2010

Cottage Tote

This "Lace Cottage" is from a 2008 landscape RR... I had trouble with the perspective on the cottage and couldn't resolve it without starting over before I sent it out.. Debbie Smith, Lyn Gaskill, Janie Jones and Leslie Erhlich did the work and it was lovely when it came back and the work on it was delightful.. You can see what it looked like going out here http://olderrose.blogspot.com/2010/07/lace-cottage.html It is going to be the pocket on my "Sunday Best" tote... As I do with many things I do it again and sometime three times trying different techniques and approaches... Yesterday I put a thin layer of batting under it and backed it with cotton and quilted it... and it has a very nice feel and weight to it... I'm going to a posh garden luncheon next week and wish I could have it done but not likely.

I wanted a smaller "cottage" pocket on the other side. I started by sketching a cottage scene on a piece of fairly heavy white silk. I am not going to piece this as it is going to be very heavily embellished and textured like the RR cottage and since it is quite small...6x7" the piecing would be lost... I will back it with white muslin and do the whole thing on a hoop...

So the next thing I did was color it lightly with alcohol inks.... and I shall begin... It's not like I don't have other things to do but one of the nice things about getting old is I often blur the line between what I should do and what I want to do....

Although while I am working on this and waiting for the next RR block I am going to try to get my BJP back on track...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, how wonderful it must be to be an artist! What a darling cottage! I will be looking forward to seeing the finished bag. Suzie in Idaho

Maria McCabe said...

I have to say that you are a great blogger. I feel like I am sitting having a cup of tea with you and that I have known you for years. Thank you for making us feel so welcome on your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts