2/11/2012

You Gotta Love them Needles!

 

I am so in love with Susan Elliott's little needle book and the whole concept of reverence for needles.. I couldn't sign up fast enough for her e-course.  I'll adapt mine a bit so I can take the broken needles with me rather than bury them here.  And the little poem on her blog is so precious you must see it.
I had read once how pioneer women guarded and protected needles as one of their most treasured possessions and it was indeed a hardship if one was broken as women might have to wait months for a traveling tinker to come by again to replace broken needles. 

I was six when I learned to embroider and it was a set of dishtowels with puppy dogs and the days of the week..  Occasionally I used to run across "Tuesday" so I know I still have it.. The next time I find it I will put it where it won't get mislaid again...

I know most of my readers also read Susan's blog but just in case there is someone who doesn't, check out Susan's e-course and we know anything Susan does is done WELL!!!  I'll share mine when it is finished...


  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts