2/16/2012

Stitch and they shall find you!

Something like that anyway....  I have been searching for CQers in my area for 15 years and they have come knocking at my door... well emailing anyway....  Here at my table are Kathy (left) Sherri, and Kathy (right)  Kathy (right) and Sherrie were customers and frequent visitors to the garden when I had the rose nursery and just recently rediscovered me in a CQ-related internet post...  Sherrie has done some CQ and Kathy had done none but bought Pat's BoHo Bag book and is eager to make one... They don't even live in my town but in a nearby city and were willing to drive to me.  This is especially wonderful for someone like me who rarely (and I mean very rarely) drives.

The other Kathy (right) has been a friend for years and worked for me when I had the nursery..  She has seen all my projects and when I said I was going to be helping two others, she wanted to jump right in herself... Hooray!  They all had a blank block and after looking at some finished blocks and a tiny lecture. I turned them loose in my stash and they proceeded with the first steps of lace and trims...

They were here about 4 1/2 hours and went home with lots of stuff pinned and ready to secure... Next session will be seams.  An incredible lovely day!!!!!

7 comments:

Momma Bear said...

how wonderful Gerry!
I've often thought you should offer a 1-2 day "retreat" or something for one to three people at a time and a tiny fee let them free in your barn to help you clean up and rummage. with some stitching time and a snack maybe you get help and companionship and the retreaters get some barn time and Gerry time!
I'd sign up for it!)

jacki said...

Wonderful to have stiching sisters! I love it when the girls come over to my house to play. Who needs a girls night out when you can have a stiching good time at home! I'm looking forward to joining my local CQ clubs.... it sure is addictive... and so much fun.

Lorraine said...

This sounds like heaven Gerry!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

How lucky are you, Gerry?! I dream of finding some cq'rs around me...

Anonymous said...

OOOoooo, Gerry
I wish I lived closer to you.
Suzie In Idaho

Ati said...

I can imagine that it was a lovely day. Good of you to teach your skills to others :)

Susan Elliott said...

This is wonderful Gerry!! It's about time, right? They look like a great group and I remember well the excitement I felt after my first few lessons...The rest is history. I'm so glad you found some CQ friends. My group has been a constant source of fun and inspiration over the years...xo Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts